Are you eating right and working out but still not losing weight? More and more studies are beginning to show that gut health imbalances may be a cause. Gut and Digestive problems have become so wide-spread that they seem to have reached pandemic proportions. According to the National Institutes of Health, 60 to 70 million people are affected by all digestive diseases and gut health problems. Another report showed that 245,921 deaths resulted in 2009 related to gastrointestinal disorders.
Unfortunately, several features of the modern life can contribute to unhealthy gut microbiota. Gut Health problems include, but are not limited to, the following conditions:
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Leaky Gut caused by toxins like wheat and industrial seed oils
- Chronic constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and/or gas
- Acid Reflux/GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease)
- Food allergies and intestine sensitivities
- Crohn’s Disease
- Chronic stress in life
- Chronic infections that affect your health
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Lactose Intolerance
- Colon Polyps/Cancer
- Gallstones like cholesterol and pigment stones
- Malnutrition and lack of food for a healthy gut
Good digestive health is important on so many levels. Maintaining proper gut health can affect other body systems and greatly reduce quality of life. But it doesn’t have to be this way. If you have one of the above mentioned gastrointestinal problems, you most likely have seen a traditional medical doctor and followed some conventional treatment. You may or may not have seen improvement, but most just hope that they can manage the symptoms or at least keep them from getting worse.
At Mandala we practice functional medicine which is a completely different model and philosophy of gut health care. We look at your digestive disease very differently than conventional medicine. We recognize that each person is biologically unique and take the time to really understand what is going on inside of your body. We are looking for the root cause of your health symptoms and seek to eliminate it, thus restoring proper balance and healthy microbiome. Despite what you have been told, there is hope. Don’t resign yourself to a life of suffering. The digestive health experts at Mandala Integrative medicine are here to guide you every step of the way.
Improve your GI Health
We can help you optimize your physical fitness and gut health, which in turn will give you peak health. We have put together a list of gut health tips that can assist you in improving your GI (gastrointestinal) health
- Load up on probiotic whole foods like Sauerkraut, kimchi and coconut kefir.
- Minor level of movement throughout the day can aid in digestion.
- Eating regularly, but not constantly.
- A lot of us suffer from this so staying hydrated can only help promote healthy microbiome.
- How working out can improve your gut health.
- Try to minimize intake of refined sugar and processed foods.
- Probiotic supplement like Florastor and RepHresh Pro-B
- Easier said than done but if you lessen stress, can improve your GI health.
- Regular Yoga routine can improve not only gut health, but health overall.
Get Dr. Shah's Recipe for Gut Health Ebook!
Ready to find out more?
Call the office today to schedule your consultation. We look forward to meeting you!